Thursday, January 7, 2010
I am so happy to announce my first event.. I choose Rice as my main ingredient for this event. The main reason i choose rice is, its a divine thing for most of the people in India and around the world, and its the main supper for many people around the world..
According to Hinduism, food is verily an aspect of Brahman (annam parabrahma swaroopam). Because it is a gift from God, it should be treated with great respect. The gross physical body is called annamayakosh or the food body, because it is nourished by food and grows by absorbing the energies from the food.
Rice refers to two species (Oryza sativa and Oryza glaberrima) of grass, native to tropical and subtropical southeastern Asia and to Africa. Rice is a dietary staple of more than half of the world's human population, making it the most consumed cereal grain.
A tale from Ancient India..
The Legend of the RiceWhen men and women were stronger and of greater beauty, and the fruit of the trees was larger and sweeter than that which we now eat, rice, the food of the people, was of larger grain.
One grain was all a man could eat; and in those early days, such, too, was the merit of the people, they never had to toil gathering the rice, for, when ripe, it fell from the stalks and rolled into the villages, even unto the granaries. And upon a year when the rice was larger and more plentiful than ever before, a widow said to her daughter "Our granaries are too small. We will pull them down and build larger."
When the old granaries were pulled down and the new one not yet ready for use, the rice was ripe in the fields. Great haste was made, but the rice came rolling in where the work was going on, and the widow, angered, struck a grain and cried, "Could you not wait in the fields until we were ready? You should not bother us now when you are not wanted."
The rice broke into thousands of pieces and said "From this time forth, we will wait in the fields until we are wanted," and from that time the rice has been of small grain, and the people of the earth must gather it into the granary from the fields.
So here are the Rules for APS- Rice Event:
1) Prepare any dish with rice as main ingredient. It can be either Vegetarian or non-vegetarian.
2) Send 3 entries per person..
3) I will accept the old entries, if they are updated and reposted with the logo n link back to APS event.
4) APS-Rice event starts from January 8Th - February 9Th. Entries should be send on or before Feb 9th @11:59 pm(CST)
5) Pls link your post to the event announcement and please feel free to use logo.. Post's without link back to this event would not be a part of the roundup.
6) Round up will be done after first week of event end date.
7) Send Your entries to email@example.com with subject as APS and with following details:
Link to the Recipe or URL:
Snapshot of the Recipe:
8) Recipes from those who do not blog are accepted. Pls do mail them to my email id-- firstname.lastname@example.org with your recipe details n a picture of the dish.